Sunday, February 4, 2007

Ode to Champagne

The golden color. The carbonation rising to the top. What seems like such a wonderful drink choice at the time, slowly turns on you. Last Saturday must be a warning for the future and if I ever forget, I should think back to it again. Aside from the 'gnarly' hangover on Sunday morning, I must also remember: the fall I took in front of many people while walking down the stairs of a club, the bruises beginning to ripen sunday am on my left arm and both shins, my inability to speak or remember what intelligent subjects I spoke of, my lost sister, my drunken text messages and conversations with boys I should not be texting or talking to in the wasted state, the decisions made on the whim (no need to go there), and of course my lost ipod shuffle (RIP, you were cute while you lasted). Oh champagne how you seem so wonderful in the flute...but oooh the repurcusions.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Cheers to that! I had the worst hangover of my life on Sunday, all due to the wonderful thing that is champagne...oh and open bar has a lot to do with it also!! Feelin a lot better today tho...finally, 2 days later...