Wednesday, December 20, 2006

Turista

I can't help but hate tourists. As a New Yorker, I think by default you are obligated to unconsciously loathe fanny-pack wearing, sky pointing, middle-Americans who are looking for Ground Zero. I know it sounds horrible but the day you forget your ipod on the subway makes you remember how damn annoying they are. They stand in packs unable to take a seat without each other--scared to be amongst strangers on the subway and make references to Miracle on 34th Street when you pass the Penn Station stop. They stand in the middle of a sidewalk with guidebook in hand and won't move while you try to weave through them in hurry. They are also under the impression that New Yorkers are cold and unfriendly. In all honesty, I have no problem giving directions to an out-of-towner with a smile on my face. I think I feel bad for the whole lost puppy syndrome. But maybe if they weren't so annoying, we would be all be more apt to do so. So please tourist, I beg you to step out of the way.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Perhaps we should do like this movie but in NY? LOL

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KoywOjfChJs

Lo said...

"I'm never going anywhere else again because I don't want to annoy anyone in any city as much as they annoy me!!!" - quoth me to my sister as we stood in throngs of tourists on 42nd and 8th on Sunday, December 10.

Yes I hate them that much...

Anonymous said...

what's up 3coursediscourse.blogspot.com admin found your blog via Google but it was hard to find and I see you could have more visitors because there are not so many comments yet. I have found site which offer to dramatically increase traffic to your website http://mass-backlinks.com they claim they managed to get close to 4000 visitors/day using their services you could also get lot more targeted traffic from search engines as you have now. I used their services and got significantly more visitors to my site. Hope this helps :) They offer most cost effective services to increase website traffic at this website http://mass-backlinks.com